Seasonal Depression?

Pen • 8/17 🌈👧🏼 | 11/19 🌈👦🏼| 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

So my due date is November 27, which means I’m most likely looking at an early December baby (my daughter was 9 days late). I suffer from seasonal depression in the winter, which here in Pennsylvania lasts from about the beginning of November until often the end of March or even mid-April. I had originally been planning another summer baby like my daughter, but we lost our pregnancy that was due in May 2019.

I’m beyond happy to be expecting again and I wouldn’t change it for the world, but I am so so so nervous about having a brand new baby in the height of winter, adding postpartum hormones and baby blues to my already existing seasonal depression.

Things like going outside in the sunshine help, so do long baths and lots of fruit and vegetables, but I’m worried that I’ll be trapped inside quarantining my unvaccinated newborn through cold and flu season, plus my daughter who will be two and a half then and will definitely be going stir crazy, I’m so scared.

I’ve already prepped my husband and my mom telling them I’m going to need a TON of support, emotionally and help with the kids, but I don’t know what else I can do. Everyone I know works full time too, so it’s not like they can all just hang out with me all the time. I’m so scared of the long, dark days full of screaming little ones and general stress.

Has anyone else dealt with this, any second time winter moms on here who can share some tips for how you made it through the winter with a newborn and seasonal depression?