Allergic Reaction and Benadryl

Le

So our daughter has had two allergic reactions to raspberries (or we think that’s what is causing it). I took her back to her doctor yesterday and she advised giving her Benadryl to clear the rash up (which it is doing just that). I’m talking all over rash and super crusty and dry on her face. My husband keeps arguing to me about how she isn’t supposed to have Benadryl at such a young age (which I know they don’t usually advised it until age 2 and with a doctors consent). I just feel like I’m doing the wrong thing although I’ve been told by two different doctors to give her the Benadryl to see if it clears whatever she keeps getting. I was given a dosage chart stating 3.75 mL of it every 4-6 hours when needed. I’ve given her one dose this morning at 7, daycare gave her one around 1, and I just gave her another at 6:40. And only 3 mL so not even the exact dose to be safe. Am I doing the right thing or am I in the wrong about giving it to her like my husband is saying? He’s straight up mad that I was advised to give it to her.

Picture of rash but it’s all over her body, not just back. ***shes 8 months and 18 pounds***