newly married but honeymoon phase is gone :(

ashley

hi guys any advice would help so much..

I have been married for 8 months, but it feels like we've been married for 8 years. he is a really really good guy, but it just feels like i constantly have to walk on eggshells with him. he's one of those tough guys, but when it comes down to it he can be super sensitive with his ego. everytime we get in an argument or i call him out on something he says, he automatically says "of course you have to get sensitive" or "are you seriously getting upset over this" (thats what he said to me last night when i told him can u stop making jokes about your ex i'd rather not think about her)

i just feel like i constantly have to bite my tongue on things just so he doesn't call me sensitive. the other day I told him it'd be nice if i came home to flowers one day, and he made me feel like i am a bother to his life, and that i ask for too much even tho i never ask for anything. it just brings me down a lot. i don't know how to act. when i'm too close he pushes me away, when i'm too far he thinks i'm depressed or something.