Low lying placenta... still

Laura • ❤️ 👧🏼 9/2014,🤰7/2019

I had a partial previa at my 20 week anatomy scan and had another scan at 28 weeks (last Friday) to check the placenta’s movement. It’s technically no longer a previa, but only 1.5 cm away, so still low lying. I think you can deliver vaginally at 2 away; some doctors like 3 cms or more to be safe.

That and baby is still breech. And I mean, packed in there real low. Of course there’s time for both to move in 10-12 weeks, but the tech basically told me to start getting used to the idea of a possible c-section. I will see my doctor’s NP this Friday at my regular appointment and see what they say. I’m wondering if I will have another scan at this point before they make plans.

I’ve been reading about it just in case and am surprised so many women get really worried about having to have a C-section. On the one hand, I get it. It’s a pretty major surgery. But I don’t understand some women’s desperate desire to deliver vaginally. I mean, I’ve done that and it’s also pretty awful. Not to mention it’s incredibly unpredictable.

In this case, it feels like so many factors need to align to make that the safest option. I would almost be more comfortable planning a C-section at this point, if for no other reason than to have some control over the situation. In the end though, whatever brings her into this world safely, I’m all for.

Anyone have a similar experience?