Feeling insignificant

Both of my cousins are moving out into their own apartments and it’s a big thing in my family. Granite the one place is in a bad neighborhood but idk I guess I’m feeling overlooked....

I’m silently having small victories quietly in the corner over here. 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’m working on my capstone for my Masters, of course I wouldn’t brag about that to anyone though. And I have a date on Friday night which is a huge deal for me since I’m stepping out of my comfort zone....

I just wanted to tell someone since I don’t really share big news with my family and tend to always be in the shadow.

It’s so weird. Besides my parents and brother, I’ve noticed that my extended family like my aunt and uncles never really ask ME what I’m doing for work or what I’m up to. But they seem so invested in my other cousins and stuff......I’ve kind of just noticed this since I’ve graduated college. Like they legit have no idea what I do for a living....(I mean some of my aunts do and some of them couldn’t care less). So weird...

But once my cousin gets a new job or something it’s a huge deal and everyone wants to know about it right away.....I guess it bothers me since I’m writing about it on here 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️