Do husbands "step up" for second kids?

Sarah

I've been struggling the past one year and the last thing i want to do is paint my husband, my partner in a nasty way like im a needy psycho b*tch but i feel so hurt. Im 14 days due and my husband behaves like nothing's changed! When my daughter turned almost 2 he was *almost* whining about baby number 2 but i knew we werent ready and i wasnt going to go in with 2 kids all on my own..

In 2016 he was away for masters for a WHOLE year, i was pregnant with our daughter and i tried to pull through, i wouldnt describe him then as sweet or caring for his pregnant wife, but i told myself its the pressure from trying to perform in such a competetive school.. thats one thing about him, i wouldnt call him a workaholic but when he's driven by a goal (getting good grades, which is fair given he was on scholarship) its as if he just goes "tunnel vision" and will jz keep doing it until he's done.. i felt completely neglected that whole year, any attempts of trying to talk to him got shot down by him yelling at me and him saying do you have any idea how hard it is to get in to this school?! He graduated with deans list summa cum laude and i was happy for him but in the background he has NEVER changed our daughter, doesnt stir when she wanted bottles at night, you guys get the drift it was like i was physically raising our girl all by myself and he never lifted a finger.. early 2017 when he returned i told him i look forward to us spending more time as a family and expected him to... well be a dad! But he continues to be a shithead! I have never left him alone with our girl and i dont dare to cos im so scared he will neglect her.. he even snaps at her (she was jz 9 mths old that time) if my daughter tried to pull his laptop wires.. how does a 35 year old man behave like this towards his own child?

Things got worse quickly when he decided to buy a friggin house without discussing it with me! He bought it mid 2017, i knew he mentioned it since 2016, i tried to talk to him nicely about planning his finances (i know he has loans), i worked as a nanny which doesnt pay much.. Since he bought the house i almost freaked knowing probably 2/3rds if not half of his salary goes to house payments, lawyer fees, he has another student loan, another business loan he took for his brother years ago..

You guys can call me stupid cos i feel stupid too the last one year for trusting this man when he throws a few simple gestures when my birthday came around and kept saying baby number 2, and i was stupid enough to not keep my pants on.. 5 weeks later, i showed him the faint line and he was emotionless and said "yeahh maybe".. i was like what do you mean maybe?!! i know the whole oh men are like that they'll come around.. well wtf im due in 2 weeks and this man has been completely ignorant, selfish, and the past 6 months every day he comes home saying he wants to resign, take a personal loan of 200K so that he can study PHD..

this is so unfair.. 😔