Broken..

Ga

My dog ran away 2 days ago. Yesterday we found him, 5 miles away from our house, laying on the side of the road, dragged for 20 feet and dead. He was my best friend, mine and my husband's first dog, he's been with us since day 1. We got him when he was about 1 year and 4 months. My husband works nights so I was alone often. My dog was the one who kept me company, he kept me safe, he was there to confront me when I was sad and lonely. We connected, we bonded, he was like my child. My heart is so broken right now. I couldn't sleep last night, because when I would close my eyes, all I saw, was his cute face and his perky ears and fluffy tail. When my sister brought me his collar with his blood all over it, bawling. My heart dropped, and there was this aching pain in my stomach. I felt my heart shatter. If losing a dog feels like this, I cant imagine what it feels like to lose your actual child. I am so sorry to anyone who has lost a child or family member.

I don't know how long its gonna take until I'm okay again. I just wish I could go back in time and fix it.

Sorry for the depressing post, I needed to get my feelings out.