Calling all TEACHERS šŸ‘©ā€šŸ«

I donā€™t know how to go about this so Iā€™m here for help.

I have a 3rd grader, heā€™s overall a good kid. Like most kids he gets distracted when doing work in the classroom or whatever but to me it seems like the teacher doesnā€™t like him and only notices the negative in him. I get a message from her a few times a month now days about him ā€œnot hearing the bell and being late to classā€ or ā€œdrawings cartoons instead of doing his school workā€ or ā€œgetting distractedā€ etc some of the stuff is nice to know about but others itā€™s like getting excessive. I canā€™t babysit him for you from work!

Example: the other day she gave them an assignment and she writes ā€œI couldnā€™t figure out why it was taking him so long to finish, took 45 minutes and later when I looked at his work I seen why, he had drawn cartoons on the paperā€

Ok sure but for the whole 45 minutes you couldnā€™t just walk over to him to CHECK ON HIM???? Am I wrong for being mad šŸ˜”??? Like why wonder what heā€™s up to? Why not tell him to get back to work or check on him to make sure he understands what heā€™s doing ?! I donā€™t know if I should be transferring him to another classroom so close to the end of the school year. This teacher is not a good match for him.

I also wanted to point out that on the first day of school when I dropped him off... I met her and you know how you can get vibes from people or like a first impression? I didnā€™t get a good vibe from her, sheā€™s not a people person. Or a kid friendly person. HELP!