Kids at baby shower?

Jessi

I have a few people hosting the baby shower. Invites are being handled by my best friend who has no kids. I asked the other two hosting who do have kids if I need to specifically call out “no kids” on the invite. (I just usually see this as a ladies event). They said no, that it is common etiquette to not bring your child(ren). All invites were sent out addressed to the mom’s only. We are not having co-Ed. Now my friend with 3 kids (2,4,6) asked to bring her kids, otherwise she can’t go. My best friend seems pissy with me, that I should have requested no kids if I truly didn’t want them there. Someone asked me if it’s co-ed. Also didn’t feel I need to specify it. What do you do, have a million yes/no things on an invite? I’m so annoyed and it’s making it stressful when it should be more exciting.

Just want to get input from everyone else! Do I just accept that people are going to show up with kids no matter what? Do I turn some or all away? When I hosted my cousins baby shower, not one person asked me to bring their kids nor showed up with their kids. 🤷🏼‍♀️