My tough little chick 💪💖

Whitney

My daughter was born Dec. 21st 2018 with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. We found out a month before she was born. She had surgery the very next morning to close the spine and place a shunt in her head to drain the fluid. I did not get to hold or feed my baby for the first 3 days 😢😢 By the grace of GOD she was only in the NICU for 3 days when we were told 2-3 weeks. Then we spent an additional 3 days in the hospital. Everyone was shocked how quickly she was recovering from everything and how strong she was ❤ The opening on her spine was l3/l4 which is her lower back. She has full range of motion in both legs. The only thing we notice is she can't point her feet down. She will be able to walk! 🤗 she just may have to wear braces. Fast forward 3 months later I started noticing her head getting bigger so I started measuring it and sure enough it was. So I contacted her Dr. We had a CT done and it showed her ventricles getting bigger. So she had to have a shuntogram done. Which is where they inject a dye into the shunt to look for a blockage. They found a blockage and she had to have a full shunt revision only 4 months after having it placed ☹☹ My baby girl has gone through more in the first 4 months of her life then alot of adults and she is the sweetest happiest baby ever!! I just wanted to share my story....

I've tried looking for other parents on here with children with SB or hydrocephalus but couldn't really find any.