Afraid of the slide

Na

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter’s afraid to go down the slide by herself. She’s very cautious, and she even won’t go up or down the stairs without holding someone’s hand. However, she climbs on things at home all the time and loves to play out side, go on the swing, and jump on her little trampoline. I know one day she’ll conquer her fear, that all kids are different, etc etc.. I just get worried that she’s behind because I see kids who are barely two charging up and down stairs and who are seemingly fearless riding the slide over and over again. Sorry, she’s my first, so I worry about everything..

I work at a preschool, and my daughter will be starting soon, which is also why I worry.

She had to come to work with me the other day, and when I took her on the playground, she kept telling me she wanted to slide, but changed her mind as soon as she got up there. My coworker (who was also outside on the playground with us) brought in her 1 1/2 yr old daughter today, and made a point to tell me her daughter was going on the slide over and over again.. Which is what made me write this post. Her comment made me feel kind of like I’m not doing something right with my daughter (maybe I’m just overly sensitive?).