Should we try this month?

I will be ovulating within the next day or 2, but we have our first appointment with the fertility specialist in 4 days. Should we go ahead and try this cycle, or just wait to see what the Dr says?

Part of me wants to try because this could be it and then we wouldn't have to go through multiple appointments with this Dr and all the testing and whatever treatment they see fit. But on the other hand, if I did conceive, there would be no way of knowing yet at our appointment, so we would still be going through the consultation and testing for nothing. But it has been 3 years, so my chances don't seem too good.

I don't know. What would you do?