My experience on the nexplanon implant

Persevernce

I've always been sexually liberal, I'd like to think sex is the best thing that has ever happened to me. In late 2015 I decided to go on the implant, after trying out other birth control methods. This one seemed to be the most obvious choice (cause I'm a lazy girl), however there are a few things I experienced that blogs and clinics don't tell you about.

It seemed cool for the first few months. I had clearer skin, I had no stress or worries.

But suddenly out of nowhere my sex drive was nonexistent, I barely had a sex life.

I experienced no spotting or any form of a period for months, only to have a weird dark smelly discharge in place of a period for weeks ( this discharge came at random months).

The crazy mood swings and the darkest depression. I was really insecure cause I had no idea what was going on with my body, and it just wasn't working.

I went through it all for the whole 3 years, as soon as I got the implant out everything went back to normal.

A few lessons come out of this though. I absolutely love being on my periods, I love my womanhood and it's hormones.

I will never again compromise my own body's natural functions all in the name of having responsibly irresponsible sex.

Real talk, I'm not against birth control but it's important to ask more questions before putting hormones into your body. Don't just read into pros, cons do exist, the side effects are real.