Feeling down...

Hey everyone... just after some reassurance and a little pick me up really.

Me and OH are not TTC but we are not on any form of birth control either. We both have a mindset of “if it happens it happens”. We are prepared financially and both want to have a baby in the near future but for now we are using the “withdrawal method” which so far has worked, although, I kind of wish it hasn’t. I’m 25 and he is 26. I’ve never been pregnant before and he has no other children either. We have been together since high school.

I just have this horrible feeling that I won’t be able to have children since we’ve been having unprotected sex for 8 months and every now and then (I would say probably 5 times max) he has not withdrawn during DTD. And I have still not conceived. I’ve read up that withdrawal method actually works for a lot of people but obviously birth control is always the best option if you absolutely do not want children yet.

I think my worry is, there are so many women who conceive whilst on the pill or during a one night stand or in the first month of trying. I guess we aren’t actively trying but still, it frustrates me that I’m not one of those women who has fallen pregnant naturally even after 8 months. Am I going to struggle once we do finally start actively trying or is this all perfectly normal?

Sorry, but just feeling so rubbish at the minute as every time AF shows I’m like really???? Still no baby!! It hurts...