Not sure what to do

My boyfriend (19) has been wanting me for months to meet his child. (We’ve been together for a year) He mentioned it to the mother of his child (she has most custody). Last week she found my social media somehow and told me she wasn’t comfortable with it and told me not to tell my boyfriend. I didn’t reply but, of course i told him because why im going to keep things from my boyfriend. He told me not to worry about it and that it’s his child too.

After that i still worried about it despite what he said. The mother has been petty with the time he spent with the child ever since we got into a relationship. It took my boyfriend months to see his child so he had to go to court because she didn’t let him see the child for no reason. Yet she continued to ask for diapers and clothes. Now he gets to see his child but only one day out of the whole week.

I had a conversation with him yesterday because he asked me if i would come over the day he gets his child. I told him “I don’t think i should, just tell your baby’s mom that I’m not gonna meet your child and tell her not to contact me again. If she has any questions or concerns about the child and me she can tell you”. “I don’t want any baby mama drama and I don’t want to make things worse for you because she doesn’t know how to be mature”.

He said he would protect me and not let anyone hurt me. He said everything will be okay and nothing bad is going to happen. I still feel something bad is going to happen though. I don’t want to be the reason that he doesn’t see his child. I just want him to be happy but, he said that me meeting his child would make him happy. I don’t know what to do at this point. Help? I just love him a lot and I don’t want to disappoint him or disrespect him.