Don't wake the mommy!

Alysa

I seriously feel like I could kill my husband right now. Our son is almost 6 months old and still wakes throughout the night for feedings. I'm breastfeeding, so my husband is off duty at night and I take the full burden. Most nights he wakes every 2-4hours, so I'm up for a long feeding, then I go back to sleep. It takes me a bit to get to sleep too because I watch him on the monitor to make sure he's really asleep and I readjust the volume. What essentially happens though is that I don't get consistent REM sleep because my intervals are so short. Well tonight, my doom woke up at 11:40 to nurse. He nursed for almost 90 minutes then went back to sleep at 1:08. I went back to our room and went to sleep. At 1:50, my husband wakes me up to tell me that he got a reminder that a bill is due today. OK? I'll do it in the morning. But no, I can't still thinning about it. What if I forget? So I set myself a reminder and try to go back to sleep. But no, I still can't get it off my mind. So I get up and get my account info and pay the damn bill. It's over. I can go back to bed noire, right? Wrong. Now I've been up, I'm overtired, I'm uncomfortable, and my husband is snoring loud enough for the neighbors to hear. At this point, it's 3:15. I have a little cry and finally start to relax. Then the baby starts to scream from the other room. He's hungry. I just finished that up. Let's see if I can finally get to sleep. I seriously don't think I've known such anger as I feel towards my husband right now.