Minor leakage? Might be TMI

Amanda • ♐️ // 23 // feminist 🚹 = 🚺 // Hufflepuff 💛// pro choice // 🚫No baby dust, please!🚫 // 💕8-27-16💕

Ladies, I need some clarification. I switched to the Lena cup because I heard nothing but good things about it and I was so sick of using pads. I’ve had it for almost a year and so far so good. But I’m noticing that at some point during my period, I’m leaking. I think it happens when I take my cup out to rinse it. Obviously once it’s out, there isn’t anything in me to catch up any blood so I’m pretty sure that’s what I see in my underwear. My cup only ever fills up about half way (pic below), so I know it’s not overflowing. I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to prevent that minor leakage? It happens every month, usually only once. And I don’t really care about my underwear getting dirty because I wear my period panties, but it’s still a minor inconvenience. And I check my cup every time I insert it to make sure it’s up far enough, sealed, etc. and I don’t think that’s the issue. I only use my cup, no panty liners or pads. My flow is medium for the first few days, then it gradually gets lighter and lighter. I would consider a heavy flow to be similar to my cup being 3/4 full, which hasn’t been the case.