Long story, fast birth

Rebecca • K- 10/31/14💚 T- 08/08/17💙 #3- June 2019💛

A little background on my previous pregnancies/deliveries:

#1. I had a sweep done at 40 weeks, I was almost 2cm dilated. My first (mild) contraction was at 10 am the next day. I went to the hospital around 9 PM when contractions were about 3 minutes apart. Got the epidural and had him at 534 am, 8lbs 13oz, 21 inches. Lots of tearing and stitches.

#2. I had a sweep at 38 weeks 6 days 2 cm dilated. First contration was around 2pm right after my appointment. Went into the hospital when contractions were 5 minutes apart about 10 pm. Got the epidural and had him at 443am, 7lbs 5oz, 20 inches, small tear only a couple of stitches.

I pushed almost an hour with both.

Now this next baby was nothing like what I expected based on my two precious births. We were team green but my prediction for this baby was: Boy, 6 lbs 15oz, 18.5 inches, born between 3-4am. At 38 weeks i was 3cm and I asked for a sweep, I walked, had sex, bounced on the ball and had contractions 10-40 minutes apart for 2 very long days. They stopped and we continued on with our week. My 39 week appointment was Tuesday the 4th, I was almost 4cm and got another sweep done. This was at 8am. Me and my two boys went to lowes to do some fathers day shopping and I was feeling crampy and having a few contractions about 10-15 minutes apart. We get home and I made lunch and we had nap time. I decided to go for a walk and contractions were coming about 5 minutes apart, they slowed down when we got home and throughout the evening..about 5 to 10 minutes apart..never regular. I decided to take a shower and go to bed around 11 thinking the contractions were just going to stop like the week before. Also throughout all of this my husband was sleeping and then after cleaning up for dinner he had to go into his third shift job early. I also want to mention that I was considering trying not to get an epidural since this was my last pregnancy. At 1AM after sleeping a couple of hours I woke up to a VERY painful contraction. Had one more 3 minutes later and told my husband to call on his break, which just so happened to be right then 😂 I told him I thought it might be time but as I was talking to him they slowed down again I also told him I was an idiot and I wanted the epidural...I told him to go back to work and I'll call if it changes and after I talk to my dr. I got up and got the last few things we needed in our bags and they were anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes apart so I call the dr, then my grandma who was staying with our older boys, and then my husband. It was about 3am at this point. We leave the house around 330am and make it into the emergency room entrance around 4am. The car ride was rough, but in between contractions I was still having conversations with my husband and feeling pretty good. I had two contractions in the waiting room while we were waiting for someone to walk us to l&d triage. During one contraction an older lady tried making small talk with me 😑 I was probably a bit rude in my response, but c'mon lady, I'm in freaking labor. The woman at the front desk decided to just walk us herself (thank goodness) that walk probably should've take 5 minutes but I had to stop for every contraction. And I'm yelling and groaning down the halls and elevators. Multiple people ask if i want a wheelchair but there was no way i was gonna be able to sit down. By the time we almost make it to triage I'm having the biggest longest contraction yet and I could tell my body was trying to push. A few nurses and the doctor come running and ask if I'm rebecca and that they were expecting me. Someone leads me in a room and to a bed. I have my husband help me get my pants off and lay down for them to check me. By this point I'm barely comprehending anything. I hear them say complete, babys head, consent to vaginal delivery...blah blah blah. The very quickly are wheeling me to a delivery room while talking to me. I'm screaming, my body is pushing, my vagina is burning 😂 a nurse tells me to lift my knees and legs to my chest but I just couldn't so they tried to for me. I feel my water break, more burning and pushing and I feel my baby slide out. It was a boy! He had a short cord so he cuddled on my belly (and peed on me) until I delivered the placenta and they cut the cord. He was born at 416 am. 6lbs 13oz, 18.5 inches. It was seriously so intense and I was in shock and disbelief for a good 3 hours after 😂 I dont remember ever making the conscious decision to actually push. My body just did it all. I barely tore and needed no stitching. I was and still am barely sore. My dr also didnt make it until right after, he was in with another mom. But the doctor I had was still amazing even if I didn't realize who she was until after 😂 I drank a lot of raspberry leaf tea starting late 2nd trimester, I dont know if that contributed to this completely different birth, but Its the only think I really did differently.

Connor Paul Blake 6/5/2019

Big brother Kenny

Big brother Tommy