I don’t know what to do

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost two years. We’ve grown a lot together but we had a rough patch for like four days because I got in a car accident and I called him to tell him and he legit answered with, “What do you want?” I was like wtf and I told him never mind and hung up on him. I was so stressed out and scared and he called again and asked what happened and I told him and he said, “that sucks.” I was like wow. This dude is a jerk. Later on he said he thought I was joking and I said why would I joke about something like that. I kept telling he obviously didn’t care because he didn’t even ask if I was okay or about my car. But anyways after arguing he started saying he wasn’t sure about the future and doesn’t want to feel miserable in a relationship. So is that him breaking under pressure when I got something really stressful and painful in my life? Like he can’t take me when I’m overwhelmed and stuff. Like I can’t be happy all the time and I needed him to be there and he wasn’t. Sorry for the rant I was just wondering what other people would do or how they interpret his behavior. Or if I’m in the wrong.

Edit: thank you for al the comments. I talked to him about it and he said he was really stressed too. I did apologize for my angry and I told him I was just really stressed out and happy to be alive. He said he was sorry and he didn’t mean to lash out. But during the arguments he called me a asshole and told me to shut the fuck up and it just made me feel sad and not wanting to try. So I kinda broke us up because it didn’t seem to be working and I just seemed to be a problem. He said he still wanted me and was just really stressed out. But when things get hard that doesn’t mean quit you know? And you’re right because it seemed like he was thinking of it and I didn’t want to be in a relationship where I’m not wanted. So that’s why I did it. And he said he was just scared and me being angry at the person who crashed my was my “friend” wasn’t helping.