OB-GYN advice?

Amanda

Hey y’all, I’ll try to keep this short but I need some advice. My OB-GYN from my first pregnancy has moved on from her practice so it forced me to find a new one. I picked the closest one and found one that had relatively decent reviews. Anyway, I’ve been twice now and I still haven’t met the doctor yet. They don’t do lab work in-house, you have to go to a testing facility (which is kind of a pain), even for blood draws. At first OB-GYN, every appt I met with my doctor, they drew blood there and she did the ultrasounds. That’s not how it works here, a little annoying but I digress. Well they gave me two papers to get my hcg levels checked so I went twice. They noted that I need to continue checking every 48 hours, however, they never get me the paperwork to continue getting it checked. I had my ultrasound done on Tuesday and it was early so we only saw the yolk sac, the tech said everything looks ok and then we left? I get a call and they said they want to schedule another ultrasound in 2 weeks, she scheduled me for July 2, which FYI is 3 weeks but ok. I was already scheduled for an appt on July 3 and I asked if we could combine appts and she said no, they do them separately. So they want me to come back two days in a row lol.

I’m sorry if I lost you already. I think I’m just a little frustrated because they don’t seem very coordinated there and I’m still upset that I haven’t even met the doctor and my next appt isn’t even scheduled with her. Oh also, I showed up for my first appt and they had no idea who I was because I wasn’t in there system even though I had gotten an email/text confirmation for my appt. My question for y’all is do you think I should try and find another dr and schedule an appt or should I wait and see what happens with this doctor? What’s the protocol here? Help please!