Whats the point of a capsule if baby can't stay in it for long?

Ioanna

While I was pregnant I bought a convertible car seat that can be used from 0 to 4 years. And bought a stroller with a bassinet. So I thought I would just transfer the baby from the car seat to the bassinet if I was to go out.

The thing is the car seat is a pain, because I literally struggle to take the baby out of it and because it has two straps going horizontally on both sides of the seat, I always have to lift the baby over it, which is really unsafe.

So here I am 1 month pp and I was sold on the baby capsule, especially if it clicks into my pram. I initially thought I will buy it and keep baby in it if I'm visiting my family or people, instead of taking a whole pram with me. And also no need to stress when taking baby out of it.

But, the more I read the more I feel like it's not even necessary anymore because I read that you shouldn't keep a baby in a car seat longer than 2 hrs as there are risks of SID. What if im out shopping for more than 2 hours with the capsule clicked into my pram?

Fortunately for me my baby doesn't really wake up when I take her out of the current car seat, but it's just a pain to put her in it and take her out of it and to keep taking a stroller wherever I go. So I don't know, I feel like a capsule defeats the purpose for me if there's a time limit. I feel like I would just stress if the baby is okay in the capsule for longer than the recommended time.

Should I just stick it out with what I currently have or do you think a capsule is 100% worth it. I just don't want to spend more money on baby things that I won't use.

Update

I ended up buying the Britax capsule today. I couldn't stand constantly taking the baby in and out of the car seat 7 times today for the quick trips I needed to do.