Not a Dog Person *UPDATE

My best friend and her boyfriend now have a pit bull puppy with them in their apartment. Now who can resist a puppy? He was so cute when he was small and I looked forward to seeing him when I came over. But now, a year later I don’t go over there anymore. Why? They both work so their dog stays home a lot by himself. It stinks of pee and there’s always piles of poop left around sitting- they have flies everywhere. Another problem I have is that their dog jumps on you when you first come in and instead of getting him they say “he likes to give hugs” !?&@$!!! One time I went over there, I was literally putting on gloves about to start cleaning up after the dog and they stopped me saying, “you don’t have to do that”. And the very last time I was there I left quickly because the dog kept scratching and had red spots and he kept trying to sit right up under me. When I pointed out how itchy he was they brushed it off saying he already had a flea treatment, he just has dry skin. I had some type of bug bites around my ankles when I left. When my friend calls, she always brings up the fact that I don’t come around anymore because “I’m not a dog person” and that I’m gonna make her choose between me or her dog. It’s not like that, I just hate seeing people have pets that don’t take care of them properly. More importantly, my friend is heavily pregnant and I want to be there to support her but I’m also concerned for that baby she’s about to bring into the world. What would you do?

*UPDATE* I visited yesterday to see if the situation had improved any before I called animal services... and now they have a cat too!! 🤦🏾‍♀️ The cat’s liter box is visibly full and the house smells of ammonia. It kept making me gag and cough but it doesn’t seem to bother them at all. I think the cat is having a skin issue too because he scratches himself against everything from the table legs to the kitchen sink faucet. I asked my friend what’s her plan for the animals once the baby comes and she gets offended saying “my pitbull isn’t vicious- I’m more worried about the cat”. She didn’t even acknowledge the mess and filth. I will be calling outside help.