So stressed out..

So my baby has had a crappy latch from the start. He was born this past monday, the 15th. But we finally started to get somewhere weds & yesterday during the day. He finally seemed to have it..or at least it was so much better and he was actually getting a good amount of breastmilk (colostrum, whatever) I was so excited. Then the evening hits...and my milk comes in fast & hard. I've been feeding my son every 2 hours (or less) since he's been born..because I heard that will help the engorgement when milk comes in. Well, it didn't. My boobs are rocks, even WITH still feeding him every 2 hours (every half hour-hour last night) so I finally figured he wasn't getting anything, or enough anymore while my boobs are this intense. So after trying hand expressing in the hot shower, massaging both while he is on and off the breast, I decided to pull out the pump. I literally had basically nothing come out...it barely filled that little cup insert BEFORE the milk drops into the bottle. Please can someone help with what worked for you to get through this without starving baby?? Do I need to give him a little formula here & there so he will be ok?