Love Language Ideas

I recently came across Dr. Gary Chapman's book, the 5 Love Languages, at a time in our relationship when I couldn't have needed it more (back in May)! My partner and I have taken the quiz and determined our LL. His is Acts of Service and mine is Physical Touch. We've also downloaded the Love Nudge for Couples app. I was so excited to be able to put into place many goals to ensure that my partner felt loved. I have asked him to give me some examples of things I could do that would make him feel loved, which he did. And I put it all into place, making sure that I did and do things every day in his LL. I want him to know and feel that I love him!

I have also expressed to him what I would like for him to do in order for me to feel loved in return. I've given specific examples. And although I've done this and I do the things I can to show him that I love him, I feel "put out" (for lack of a better phrase). The only effort I've seen is his occasional effort to "initiate an intimate evening" (Maybe twice, since the begining). Although I'm pretty sure his "Love Tank" is full or close to it, my love tank is empty. I try desperately to remind myself that his primary LL is Acts of Service and not Physical Touch and I see him do things every day for me in the way of Acts of Service. And while I appreciate his efforts to do things for me, it just doesn't make me feel loved! I have talked to him about this during counseling, but there has been no response from him. I don't know what to do anymore. It's been two months and I feel like I've put in 110% effort to make him feel loved, but I've gotten nothing in return in the way of him showing me love.

And no, I don't know do what I do with the expectation of "if I do this, I'll get that in return" mindframe. I do what I do because I love him that much and WANT to show him. But I also feel like if he really and truly loved me, he would want to show me he loves me in the best possible form.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice from you ladies on some possible ideas on how I can encourage him to want to show me love in my LL? Or some insight, maybe, on how much time I should invest before throwing in the towel and saying, "I've done my best"?