I don’t know who needed to hear this but my testimony

What do you do to move on when the closure you need does not come? What do you do when the person you’re expecting to reach out and tell you where things went wrong won’t utter a word and behaves like you don’t exists or what you had wasn’t worth giving you a proper explanation?

Sometimes we ask ourselves so many questions when the people we least expect to hurt us ;hurt us or sometimes when we saw our future with a certain person and that plan doesn’t go as planned.

I’m presently going through one of the toughest seasons of my life because I’ve been asking myself many questions when my relationship that I thought would work out had not worked out how I planned so I’m left to rebuild and pick up the pieces.

What I’ve learnt in the past few months is :

We can make plans but God laughs because he may have other plans and in neglecting to consult him we feel the brunt of that when time comes. Always always remember God’s plan NOT ours.

In trying to be everything my ex needed I forgot to be what I needed so my mindset changed from thinking what he wants or who he wants me to be to what I want and who I wanted to be.

Time doesn’t change us. It’s what we do with that time that changes us. Ofc I am still going to love that certain individual for a long time from now HOWEVER I know if I want better I got to do better and as time passes I’ll continue to work on me and loving me more (not that I didn’t know my self worth and loved me) but the love for yourself just hit different when you’ve established concrete boundaries and you’ve had clear vision of where you see your life going.

Going through this break up and heartbreak I’ve learnt that we are all more than capable of taking control back into our own hands when life knocks us down. Being knocked down doesn’t mean you stay down.

In growing into a better woman for the next man I meet I learnt to forgive along the way. I’ve slowly learned the hard way that Forgiving my ex was not to relieve him of all accountability, but to finally allow myself the freedom and space to move on. ( you don’t always get closure sometimes you get space) And to take my damn life back. This rounds my peace is non negotiable. I am most definitely discovering new pieces of myself. And I must say it’s beautiful to find my whole self again.