Bad mom 😢

Candice

You guys, my heart is broken.

A few days ago I was getting ready to go for lunch with my 3 kids (7,3 and 4 months old) and puppy at my girlfriends house. My husband owns his own business so works 20 hours a day, 7 days a week and I’m basically a single mom. I have been overwhelmed with the kids and puppy which has obviously put a strain on our relationship. Anyway, that day I was arguing with my hubby on the phone and loading the kids and pup in the car. I hang up, lock my house and get in my car and head to my friends. On my way out I passed the house cleaners (they just deep clean my house for an hour once a week and I still do everything else). About 10 minutes into the drive I look in the rear view mirror into my 4 month olds car seat and THERES NO FUCKING BABY in there. Y’all. My heart dropped out of my butt. I had forgotten the baby, sleeping in his swing, at home. I obviously turn around and race home. I bust through the door and the baby is still in the swing and the cleaners are talking to him and I just broke down. I feel like the worst mom in the world. I hugged my baby and cried for half an hour. I feel like the worst mom in the world. Who the hell forgets their own baby at home. Alone!! I always thought people who forgot their kids in cars were trying to kill them without going to jail but this has given me a whole new perspective. My heart breaks for those people. My baby was safe at home in his swing for 20 minutes and alone for maybe 2 minutes but still. I feel awful. I don’t even know why I’m sharing this. I just feel horrible and it’s been 3 or 4 days. I just can’t stop thinking about it. I remembered my dog but not my own baby 😭 If you have any “bad mom” moments, please share so I don’t feel like the only asshole. I’m obviously making changes to make sure things like this don’t happen and to try feel more organized.