Just need to vent about my husband 😩

I love him and he’s a great father and always helps with everything when he is home... but I don’t know how to get him to respect the progress I’ve made with her sleeping habits when he is home. I’ve had to talk to him several times about it and he promises he will stick with it and doesn’t.

My daughter is 4.5 months old. We do a bedtime routine and I rock her a bit but she doesn’t really like it for more than a minute or two. So then I put her down in her crib and she always fusses around and drops her pacifier a bunch of times. I let her go for five minutes at a time. Sometimes she cries and sometimes she doesn’t but every five minutes I go in and reassure her with my hand on her back etc.

Well its been working. It takes only 15-20 minutes rather than an hour of doing this for her to fall asleep. Tonight my husband was putting her to bed and he knows that if she cries to let her go for a bit and then continue to go in and reassure her etc but don’t pick her up!!! If you pick her up she thinks it’s time to talk and play and is even more difficult to calm down again. Plus we need to promote self soothing and good sleeping habits.

So I go to the bathroom and I come back and he’s rocking her (because he says she was crying) and she’s talking away and trying to grab his face to play. I’m so frustrated. I’ve already talked to him about this so many times!!! Consistency is key and when he does this on his days home from work it takes away from all of the hard work I put into her sleeping routine and habits 😩