Focusing on what my body can do instead of what it can’t

Kate • TTC with PCOS since 2016

My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years. I’m 31 and have PCOS and a very irregular cycle. We’ve tried

fertility meds

(mostly clomid, progesterone, Metformin, etc) as well as taking time off to try alternative treatments (acupuncture, herbs, anti-inflammatory diet) but haven’t had any luck.

I’ve decided to switch my focus to what my body can do rather than what it seems to be unable to do. I’ve been a casual climber for most of my life but have really stepped up my game recently and have been in awe of the new heights my body has taken me to. My body might suck at making babies, but it can climb mountains, y’all!

We resumed fertility treatments recently and I’m still working hard to keep my stress levels low and my mind occupied through climbing. Sometimes we just need a reminder that, even though we may struggle to get pregnant, there are so many other amazing things our bodies can do when we just give them a chance.

If you’d like to follow my adventure journey, check me out on Instagram @kateclimbson