Ex best friends bday

So today is my best friend from high schools bday. We had all our classes together since sophomore year. We were attached at the hip after graduation. She knew my deepest secrets and I knew hers. Things we never told the other girls in our small group. Well we grew apart. Why it’s easy to blame it on someone or something I’m not. I look back on my memories on Facebook and I see all my post to her for her bday and it just makes me really miss her. We came to a point in our lives well she felt like the situation she was in was what she wanted and she didn’t care what anyone had to say. So she distanced herself before we could say. Looking back we’re both at fault, we could’ve tried a little harder but we didn’t. I think we were both to hurt and believed we were both right. Now we see each other’s post on instagram and talk every now and then on there. I thought about reaching out but I think the hole got to big with all the things we didn’t say and the time we let slip. She seems happy and I’m glad. I want her to be happy and I’m glad everything worked out for her. But some days I look back at our old pictures and miss her. But honestly i don’t think I ever cross her mind. Maybe that’s why i haven’t reached out to her. But some people aren’t meant to be forever just for a certain time. Well at least she’s happy. We got almost 10 years of an awesome friendship but just out grew each other....