12 weeks 4 days pregnant and not had chicken pox

Lauren

Hi ladies, I recently found out I have never had chicken pox and have no antibodies against them, I was told I am more susceptible now being pregnant. I've worked as a nursery nurse in a primary school for 11 years so this was hard to process. The week prior I had come in close contact with children at work that later had been hospitalized with chicken pox. I was urgently given a vzig injection to up my immunity to them for a short time, this wouldn't prevent me catching chicken pox but to make it milder if I did. Every time I am in contact with the virus I will have to return to hospital for another shot of vzig. When speaking to my work place they were really unempathetic with me, expecting me to return straight back to work, stating that I could catch chicken pox from a shop. I work in the reception class which is divided by an open arch to the nursery, meaning I am in close proximity with over 50 children all day. It's currently the school holidays so I'm off but my anxieties of returning in September are through the roof after hearing of the complications it could cause for both me and the baby if we contract chicken pox virus. I am 2% out of 98% of pregnant women not to have ever had the virus. This is our first baby and very wanted baby and my worries and anxieties of anything happening, with being in a job that puts us both at risk. Please can anyone offer any advice, it would be much appreciated.