Am I overreacting?

Carrie

SO and I have been together a few months shy of 2 years. He lives and works an hour from me and his daughter (7) lives an hour away from both of us- like a triangle. He works 12.5 hours overnight so with work and living a little ways away, seeing each other can be difficult. Sometimes it will be a week or 2 in between visits. He gets his daughter every other weekend and always asks her where she wants to go that weekend. A lot of times they come to my house, but often enough they go to his parents house who live in the same town as she does and she sees them a few times a week already. I’m just hurt that she gets the final say of whether we get to see each other. Sometimes we are invited over on Saturday but then usually not- all while sometimes his brother, girlfriend and her son will come over for dinner. He says they feel that I wouldn’t want to drive an hour there and back. It’s also not like he doesn’t see his parents either- he normally stops by there regardless on Sunday while dropping his daughter off to visit with them before heading home. He just tells me that his daughter likes to mix it up with where they go.

And to note, I also know it’s important for he and his daughter to have their time and I’ve told him numerous times that if they wanted to go to lunch or dinner or somewhere else by themselves while at my house, I would completely understand.

I just feel that being in a relationship for nearly 2 years should make us want to be that family unit. We discuss getting married all the time but he’s working on his house so that he can sell it and move in with me. So am I overreacting?