From PPD to a happy mama!

Robyn

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to any mama who is suffering from PPD or suffered from it. You are the real MVP's👊. I've been there and I've conquered it.

As a first time mom to my sweet boy Thomas who is now 5 1/2 months old (where does the time go?!) I suffered SEVERELY with postpartum depression and anxiety. I was naive to how the first few months would be postpartum. I thought it would be all sunshine and rainbows, but boy was I wrong.

It truly was the hardest season of my life and I never thought I'd see the light but I am SO happy to be on the other side of PPD and a much happier person and mama.

I finally feel like myself again and enjoy my son SO much and absolutely LOVE being a mum.

I didn't think I'd ever get to a point where I wasn't depressed anymore but I'm so relieved to be where I am now.

If you are still suffering from PPD, it does get better. Take care of yourself, that helped me the most. Once I realized I was the same person before I had my son, I just had a different role now being a mom, it made it a lot easier. Give yourself grace and realize there will be hard times but ENJOY the good times and don't focus so much on the negative.

Being a mom is hard but suffering with PPD makes it even harder. Be easy on yourself and take time for YOU, because YOU matter.

You GOT this mama!👊