Daughter starts kindergarten tomorrow and Dad’s a little bummed

Jordyn

I’m crying like a baby about it! I just can’t believe the day is here already. (But...I’m pregnant and hormonal, so to be fair...anything will make me cry anyway 😂).

I’m looking for some suggestions. My husband seems SERIOUSLY bummed. He’s a nurse and has a rotating work schedule. Every other week, he works three 12 hour days and is then off Thursday-Sunday. Those weeks, he and our daughter go out for breakfast on Thursday mornings. It became their thing. They never skipped it. With her starting school now, they can’t do that. He’s bummed and I totally get that! I started throwing out ideas like just doing it on Saturdays or something. I also threw out a Friday daddy/daughter night out idea and he loved that. He came up with a plan for this Friday and is going out to buy a new outfit for her. He’s taking her out for dinner and they’re going ice skating at the rink. I think she’ll love that.

I’m curious about other ideas for this that I can throw his way. Did you do anything like his with your dad when you were a kid? Or is this something done with your kids now or in the past? What kinds of suggestions could you give me?