can i call the cops for this?

a rat lol

ok so i’m a minor and my older brother is 20 years old, we haven’t been on talking terms because he punched me in the face a few months ago. he overheard me talking bad about my verbally abusive father and threatened to slap me and that he would “break my jaw”. would i be able to call the cops for the threat or do i have to wait till he tries to get physical? do not talk badly about the status of my parents, they don’t know. i didnt come here for y’all to talk about them so don’t mention them.