Domestic Abuse and Death Threats

DJ • 💍👧🏼👶🏻

My mom has been in an extremely abusive relationship with my dad for years. He has physically, mentally, emotionally, and sexually abused her their entire marriage but she has always been too afraid to leave.

Several months ago she spoke with my fiancé in private and told him she wanted out and that she needs help to do it. We were looking to buy a house at the time and we bought one with an extra bedroom for her to stay in so she could leave my dad. It’s been 5 months and she hasn’t moved in yet. She refuses every time we talk to her because she’s too scared.

My dad is a felon/sex offender but is no longer on probation anymore. But he has a gun in the house which he cannot posses. I don’t know where it is but I know he has it in the house. I don’t believe he has any ammo for it. I don’t know if that makes a difference. And now my mom has a recording of him threatening to kill her if she tries to leave him.

My fiancé and I want to call the cops and tell them that a felon has a gun in the home and is threatening to kill his wife with it and that we have proof. We will probably have to do it behind her back because she will keep pushing it off out of fear. What I want to know is if the cops will go there and arrest him immediately after we call? If he gets arrested what happens next? I don’t want to endanger my mom and my family by calling and then him not going to jail or prison for it. Please help...