help??

Sara

so i’m sure there’s many posts on here like this. but i just got diagnosed with GD today. i knew it was coming because my levels were so high for the 1 hour that i just already started cutting carbs before i took the 3 hour, which i also failed and went over those results today (an hour ago). so he prescribed me a blood sugar machine and strips and all that good stuff, and i’m currently waiting on a call for an appointment for a diabetic class where someone will teach me how to do things. BUT my doctor isn’t very thorough and told me to begin using the machine right away. he said “take it when you first wake up and after every meal” so my question is how long after every meal?? i know there is an amount of time you’re supposed to wait. also what is the diet like that i will be put on?? i’m so scared. people tell me it will be okay but i had preeclampsia with my first and now GD with my second. i feel like my body is not a safe place and it breaks my heart. someone please offer some insight