Advice for moving on

My boyfriend broke up with me two months ago. We would have been together for 2 years this year. He made several attempts to end our relationship due to his dislike for where he is in life and the progress he’s made. (Literally nothing to do with our relationship)

After several attempts I finally agreed to break up with him. I wanted more from a relationship and knew I deserved better. (side note: after enduring those multiple attempts of ending our relationship I’ve become numb to the hurt and began to no longer feel the pain of heartache)

Since the break up an old friend and I have gotten back into contact. We’ve know each other since we were 5. Ever since we’ve reconnected, all interactions feel right. I didn’t have to start from scratch to get to know him. It was like we were able to pick up where we left off from. I feel so free with him and can tell his intentions are honest and pure. We talk everyday and have so many goals for us. We already discuss a lot of “us” topics.

I want to move further with him into an exclusive relationship but I feel guilty for wanting to after spending almost 2 years in such an empty relationship prior. I know sometimes time doesn’t matter, when the heart knows what it wants, it knows. But why do I feel so reserved?

(We’re 26 years old by the way.) we are both interested in settling down, to prepare for marriage and family)