My fiancé chases my cat

My cat is terrified of him.. and of other men.

It really upsets me when he stomps and chases after the my cat, yelling after him. And seeing my cat bunched up, head flat on the ground, and eyes wide open after being cornered.

It makes me SO mad.

I try to stop it every time, and I argue with him each time. He’ll close the door and shut me out and I’ll push on the door until it opens. Or he’ll push me away.

He’s much bigger than me so I can’t physically stop him even though I try to each time. I’ll argue with him until he gets annoyed with me then he leaves him (kitty) alone.

When I ask him why he does it “it’s because I hate how he runs away from me whenever he sees me, like I’m going to abuse him or something.” .........

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

He says I act like he is abusing the cat. But he shouldn’t be chasing the cat, and getting joy out of it? He smiles and laughs as he is chasing this poor creature. He’s a grown man.

I’m just.. dumbfounded. I don’t know what to say to make him stop. He gets upset whenever I defend my cat. 😤😤

Whenever I defend my cat, my fiancé then says “now because of you he’s going to be tortured and sprayed with water”

He says it to get under my skin but still... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😡😡😡😡😡

Update.

He never was like this before.

He was sweet and caring.. but now it’s like he’s changed 180.