Recommendations please !!

No judgment please ! I lost my senior dog a couple months ago . I’ve never mourned over anything before and it was very hard for me ... idk it kinda felt like a sign I seen an article on Facebook about clear the shelter so I thought that’d I’d take a look at it .. plus my hubby was wanting to get one for our son to grow up with . The lady said he kinda picked me when I went out and looked at the shelter . I don’t think any other dog will ever replace my beloved browny but I kinda feel Brownys soul in this pupper . Anyways they fixed him and gave him his rabies and the paper said “when they first come in they get their Distemper/ Parvo kennel cough. He is 5 months I’m guessing they’ve probably had him since he’s been a puppy . I know that puppies are supposed to haha their shots and booster shots . I’m currently working on my own right now .. my hubby is supposed to get a job soon but they have a vip pet clinic thing in pet supply plus where a vet comes and checks animals out , I am wanting to take him first and get his fecal test don’t and check for intestinal parasites and see what shots he exactly needs and get him on Heartworm prevention. The place is close to me and there is also a place that is called thrive that’s an actual vet clinic . He doesn’t cough all the time but sometimes he does maybe once a day , he kinda wants to gag something up but nothing comes up . And his poop is not diarrhea but isn’t all the way solid I don’t know if it’s from where he is out of the shelter and hasn’t gotten use to eating good or what ... the vip pet place in pet supply plus doesn’t do an actual full body exam I asked about the cough . I mean it’s not my biggest concern ... I’m really right on cash but plan on checking his poop and getting him on heart medicne. But don’t know where I should go first ...? Any body have any opinions ? And what shots he needs next ? Please no judgment I am going to take care of my dog I’m just working by myself right now !!