I choked my baby

🦄 • 🤱🏻👨‍👩‍👦

So my son had his 6 month well child check up today. Long story short I filled out a development form and a couple of those things asked about baby picking up small objects like a Cheerio. I told the lady reviewing it (who said he failed the problem solving portion because of this) that I don’t know how he performs at this because I don’t let him have anything that small. She looked at me like I was crazy and told me he should be give some Cheerios to see how he handles them to pick them up. Against my better judgement I listened to her and tried a cheerio. He friggin choked on it. Not gagged. This Cheerio was stuck, and he was open mouth gasping for air with watering eyes. I pulled him out and worked with him on it and he threw up on the floor but the Cheerio must have gone down. Then my poor baby started crying because he was terrified. On top of not feeling well from his vaccines. I was so furious for listening to someone else who tried to assure me I was behind not giving him something small he could choke on. Lesson learned, I’m

Not listening to anyone when I feel differently about it. So furious.

Edited to add: she also guilted me about combination feeding him saying breast milk was the best. I said I realize that but I don’t make enough milk for him so unfortunately we have to supplement formula.