Sos anxiety over this!

I’ve been talking to/hooking up with this guy for 3 months. I honestly thought it was just a hook up, but we started hanging out a lot every week. We’d go places, introduced me to all his friends, super pda, and have even gone on a trip with his friends. Last week, I snapped him one day and after that he basically ignored me for the rest of the week. I asked him one day after work what was up and he said he thinks we shouldn’t hang out as much anymore. He told me he doesn’t let girls in to his life as much as he was and he wanted to slow it down.

We work together (I know I don’t need to hear about not dating coworkers). 5 days ago we worked the same shift together. I thought he wouldn’t wanna talk to me. But the whole time he was being super flirty and touchy. We ended up hanging out for the next 4 days. The first few days he was super touchy. Would kiss the back of my hand and kiss me goodbye. Yesterday we went out with friends and he didn’t do anything, which is okay bc I don’t need to do something every time I hang out with him. Today I snapped him and he never replied, just opened it. But he’ll be one of the first to watch any of my stories.

I talked to him about this earlier and he told me he doesn’t always have to text me or reply. That he’s busy or just doesn’t feel like it, which I get. I also asked him why he said what he said earlier and he said he’s just going to go with the flow. That he felt that way in that moment. I asked him something about that comment and he said “We’ll I can go back to that if that’s what you want” and I laughed and said no and he said okay then. I asked if we’re gonna hang out later this week (it’s also his bday this week) but he said he doesn’t know. That he doesn’t even know what he’s doing for his bday but “we’ll see”. He ALWAYS says we’ll see and we almost always end up hanging out anyways. I just freak out that he doesn’t by say that 🙃 But then again he doesn’t contact me every day. My anxiety gets the best of me on this and I’m not really sure how to go about this...all I know is I want this to work out.