Unauthorized deductions from bank account

How is it possible for an insurance company (a company you’ve never done business with) is able to withdraw money from your account to pay for another?

How did they obtain the banking information

Who authorized it?

My boyfriend was charged over 200 dollars for my mothers car insurance and we are confused as to how this even happened? He’s never been an Allstate customer and he does not live with my mother. He is currently insured through Geico.

Insights please

- No, never. She hates his guts and they hardly ever converse or stay out of each other’s way. I’ve spoken to her but she didn’t seem to care.

- That is intended. There’s an open investigation going on through Allstate. He’s going to the bank to disunite the charge against his account and if she has to do with it, I told him he can gladly press charges. Whoever did this will be charged. Period. I was just looking for some insight on understanding how this could happen .

- I thought the third party had to give verbal consent before any transactions are ran being how the card obviously is not the same as the account holder?

- I’m stating off my own personal experiences using someone else’s card to pay for expenses through the phone. I’ve always been asked for consent from the other individual. But everything is in motion. Police report has been filed and everyone whom he needed to contact has been contacted. Now it’s just wait until the insurance company goes through their audit. Thank you for the feedback guys.