At what point do you give up?

I might just be in desperate need of a venting session but..

For the past ~3 years of just arguing over stupid things and constantly having to “mom” him and go behind him and clean his messes around the house (in addition to cleaning up after our son) and showing him how to clean things properly. He has no desire to find a better job (yes, I’m grateful that he even HAS a job, don’t get it twisted) and to try to provide for our family. I’d do the family laundry and fold his clothes and put them on top of his dresser because I don’t know which drawer he wants them in, etc, and he just throws them in. So after almost a year of that, I stopped folding his clothes. And then he just let them sit on top of his dresser for days at a time, so I stopped doing his laundry. Today he asked me if I could please start doing his laundry again and that he misses it and he promises it’ll get put away same day. I constantly have to remind him to do things that he should be doing for himself! “Don’t forget to call to schedule a teeth cleaning appointment, don’t forget to send in the money for ___ bill” like I don’t WANT to have to treat him like a child but it’s the only way to get through at this point.

We fight because he has no desire for anything. All he does is play video games on his days off so when I ask him to do 2 chores around the house, it’s all huffing and puffing. Meanwhile I come home from work every day and try to do at least one thing around the house all while our 1 year old son is crying for attention. And he has so many financial problems. Can’t save money, blows it all on stupid shit, in severe debt to the point where one morning while I was pregnant a man came to the house to serve him papers. I don’t want to live like this for the rest of my life. Especially considering I’m SO good with money that we just cancel each other out. I bought a car cash, bought a house when I was 23 by myself, you’d think that my financial responsibility would rub off on him but instead he’s out buying $200 airpods instead of new work pants or food. Priorities man, I tell ya.

I swear I’m not an ungrateful bitch, I’m just so exhausted of having basically two kids at home. It was soooo amazing the first two years and then I don’t know what happened these past couple of years. And I’ve told him that I’m over living like roommates and that I kinda want him gone but then he plays the “you’ll never find another guy to be as good of a father to our son as I am” which yes, that is true. He’s an amazing father. But not so much an amazing partner.

😭😭😭😭😭😭 sorry for the long rant.

Am I being ridiculous?