Im really confused rn someone help

So I was with this guy for 3 months and it was amazing we had our bumps in the road but nothing too bad. He ended things with me on Wednesday because he felt as though he needed to even though he loves me? We’re still friends but this is super hard for me. Everything is still there but he seems like he doesn’t wanna talk about it and cries when I bring it up. He said he’s going through a hard time right now and I get that and he says everything will come full circle for us but I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m being strung along only to get disappointed. I really have no way of hating him and wanna be with him but it feels like he doesn’t want a relationship bc that’s too much for him at 17? We’re both figuring shit out but he makes me feel guilty for knowing what I wanna do and I wanna help him but I had to be the one to get cut off by him? He said that he wants to be alone isn’t motivated to socialize but I see Snapchats of him and his friends all the time doing goofy ass shit. He told me his friends gave him advice and told him to drop me and he said he won’t. I owned up to any harm I could’ve done but he said it’s really not me idk pls help