Labor Pains

Whitney

I feel like I’m the only girl I know who had horrible contractions. I have a friend who was at an 8 before she got an epidural and didn’t feel anything. She brought up having a high pain tolerance, and it made me feel weak. I know that everyone’s labor is different, but I don’t understand why mine was so damn painful.

I went into active labor the 24th of July at 12 p.m. and gave birth at 4:14 a.m. on the 25th. My contractions were so bad that I was groaning and at some points screaming. I also had back labor let me add. I couldn’t sit down, and I had to continuously rock back and forth so I wouldn’t feel like I was dying. That was just at a 3!!!

When we got to the hospital I was a 5. I had to have an oxygen mask because I couldn’t breathe it hurt so bad. I literally screamed through most of it. She ended up coming out so fast that I couldn’t even get an epidural. She came out within the hour.

Pushing her out didn’t even hurt as much as the contractions did. After she arrived I was completely numb. I didn’t even feel the needle for the numbing stuff so they could stitch up my 3 tears. I felt literally nothing for 3 days.

She was 7 lbs and 14 ounces.