Am I obligated to give him a play by play of what's going on?🤔

You really should read this before voting!!!

I have a little boy who has a couple of holes in his heart. Long story short, it's a big surgery. Roughly 6-8 hours on the table. He's 10 months old.

His dad hasn't ever been in the picture (didnt want to be with me because I ruined his life by not having an abortion) not the point though. But the surgery has been booked for one week. They had an opening and wanted to push ahead his date. Great! I always keep his dad informed about his medical stuff because it's the right thing to do. (By the way, I am a single mom, courts are not involved but I have our son all the time and he just never has questioned it or fought me on it or anything. He doesn't help me. But he doesn't fight me. It's just a mutual understanding basically that I am his full time parent)

Well. I told his dad ten minutes after I got the call from the hospital. He was like ok I'll tell my boss I will get the day off and be there. I was like ok great.

Well he has since changed his mind or something. And the morning of surgery at like 7am he calls and says he can't make it because of work. But he fully expected me to call him and text him and give him a play by play update every second basically. I told him I would call him when our son was out of surgery. But nooo. He told me angrily that he has the right to know and that if he wants to ask about his son I have to answer. I was filling out consent forms and papers and getting a last snuggle with my boy before he went for open heart surgery. I was a little emotional when they took him away. And his dad was leaving me angry messages and texting and calling because I wasn't telling him what was going on.

I said if he wanted to know he should have been there. It's open heart surgery on a baby. No excuses. Heck i would quit my damn job if my boss didnt give me the day. I'd go to HR. Someone. Am I obligated to give him a play by play? I don't think I am. Thoughts??

Vote below to see results!