Tearing naturally or episiotomy?

BB

I was told by a midwife during an antenatal class that the doctor I selected basically comes in right before the birth and immediately does an episiotomy then proceeds to deliver the child (something I didn’t even think about asking about, but now we are 37w pregnant and learning this!). I wanted to try and avoid an episiotomy because I know not EVERY woman tears during birth, especially if you listen to the staff delivering and if they’re comfortable reading the signs of when to push, or I know each woman is different, some heal better with tearing naturally, others episiotomies are better.

She (the midwife conducting my class) delivered her kids with him and was very pleased with his episiotomy and stitching skills, but now I’m not sure if I should try to do it without epi now...

I’m living in South East Asia, btw, but I’m an (Caucasian) American, who worked in hospitals in America, so I’m pretty sure he already thinks I’m this crazy white lady with all these crazy request I keep making😂😂😂

I’m going to ask him at my next appointment if he’s comfortable with NOT doing an episiotomy immediately (but that won’t be until I’m 38weeks pregnant), but since I didn’t think to ask this before, I’m super nervous now that he may NOT be comfortable NOT doing an episiotomy. FTM and I’m not sure what I should do at this point...