Waking up paranoid

I woke up this morning, looked over, and my bf wasn’t in bed. Seconds later, I thought I heard my bf’s car beep, followed by hearing his keys jingle quietly from the living room, like he was trying to softly set them down. Confused I got up to check the window and as soon I did, he walked into the bedroom saying good morning. I laid back down and simply asked him “did you beep your car?” He said “no... why would I?” I said, “I could have sworn I heard your keys jingle” and he said “no, what are you implying here?” Like, I wasn’t implying anything. It’s not the first time I’ve woken up to beeping, so I was just asking. I said “idk, maybe you went down to get something in your car???” He said “no, you’re implying I left the house and I just came back.” No... no I wasn’t. Then he proceeded to say “you wake up paranoid every single morning.” No... no I don’t. I was asking a simple question. I then asked him what time he got up because I never heard his alarm go off. He said he got up at 7:30, and his alarm went off at 7:20 like every morning, and he had leaned over and kissed my head. His alarm ALWAYS wakes me up. I never sleep through it because he literally blasts it at full volume. This again, isn’t the first time he’s told me I slept though his alarm. Maybe the 2nd time this has happened. Then I realized the jingle was him setting down his control on the mini table, sliding the keys over, making them jingle. Alright... no big deal, like I said.

The first time I woke up to beeping (maybe last week?) I laid there for a second and listened. I then got up and asked him the same question. He said “no, I’m playing my game”. I grabbed his keys and made his car honk because I was so confused. Apparently whoever also parks their car out there has almost the same beep as his car, but slightly higher pitched. That’s what confused me. He got overly defensive for no reason. Calm down babe, I’m not accusing you of anything lol.