i caught feelings and idk what to do

i have not liked someone in SO LONG like at least a year and a half which is really scary because i’m usually able to stop myself from having feelings but i couldn’t this time. we been talking for about a month and a half i would say and we’ve hung out like 4 times, i just be busy w school and my friends and he be busy with work and his homies so it’s hard to like hang out all the time. what’s weird tho is like our texts started to get dry so i started to not care and i tried to occupy myself by talking to old hoes but literally i did not enjoy that one bit. (i used to talk to multiple people like a year ago because i didn’t care but i’ve matured and changed). so i ended up getting really high last friday and i texted one of my really good friends and i was like yo i never talk about my feelings but this guy gmfu what should i say. but thank god i decided to be bold because it turned out very good. (he sent a whole paragraph and told me all the things he likes about me and that he wants to see where we go and he hopes we become something in the future). and on saturday, i hung out with him and we FUCKED. i have not had sex in over at least 4 months and it was very good. but the thing is, yes i do like him and i would love to see if we will ever become something BUT the problem is i have something wrong with myself. like i cannot commit. no matter what. i can try so hard but i unconsciously prevent myself from being too close because ig that’s like a vulnerability and i don’t wanna feel that?? but like my close friends told me that i need to eventually overcome it idk how tho someone help me