So stressed about work 😡

My husband has been at his job for 7 months. PTO starts to accrue after 6 months... but my husband is a salaried employee who is supposed to work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. They are short staffed so he has been working 6-7 days a week and always 11-12 hours a day. It’s become very exhausting for him and exhausting for me having the baby alone and not seeing my husband.

So his family lives in Italy. His dad is currently dying of stage 4 cancer so we need to go see him ASAP but we don’t have enough money for him to take off without pay. Literally or else we would.

He talked to HR and they aren’t budging. I told him to go talk to the CEO (who he has become very friendly with) because he should understand that my husband has been working an insane amount of overtime for them since he has been there and to tell him that his dad is dying.

I’m really hoping for the best when he talks to him tomorrow because I would hate for my husband to not be able to see his dad because of god damn money and pto problems.

Like seriously if you add up all of the extra time and days he has worked for them he should have a god damn month off work! I know it doesn’t work that way but I do think out of respect for how hard he has been working for them, they would work something out for him.

Also I should mention he is the chef de partie for a 5 star boutique hotel in a major city and they told him they want him to take the head chefs position in 2020 when the chef leaves. If they want to keep my husband and keep him happy they should really give him the pto or else he will leave and take another job offe